Protecting your privacy is our top priority. At Burnham Sterling Securities, LLC and our affiliates (“Burnham”, “we”, “us” or “our”), we understand our obligation to keep information about you secure and confidential. We will inform you of our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing personally identifiable and/or nonpublic personal information (“Customer Information”) the first time we do business and every year that you remain a customer with us. Therefore, we maintain the following principles with respect to protecting your privacy:
- We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times;
- We do not sell or disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone except as permitted by law;
- We do not provide customer information to persons or organizations outside of Burnham, for their own marketing purposes;
- We contractually require any person and/or organization providing products or services to customers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of Burnham customer information;
- We afford prospective and former customers of Burnham the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information;
Information We Collect
We collect and use various types of information we believe is necessary to administer our business, and to offer you the best possible customer service. Customer information we collect is categorized into the following types:
- Information we receive from you on written correspondence, through telephone or in-person meetings, such as your name, address, phone number, email, tax ID number; your assets, revenue and other business information;
- Information about your transactions and transaction experience with us or others, such as your transaction history;
- Information from visitors to our website provided through online forms, site visitor data and online information collecting devices such as “cookies.”
- Other general information we obtain about you that is not assembled for the purpose of opening an account or offering certain products or services that you may request, such as demographic information.
Information We Share
The information we share helps us bring you greater convenience and more choices as a customer. We limit who receives Customer Information and what type of information is shared.
Unless you tell us not to, we may share all five types of Customer Information among ourselves and with other third-party financial services companies or consultants working with us as part of the ordinary course of providing financial products and services to you, for the purposes of offering you new products and services to address your financial needs, for product development purposes, and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Such companies may include other financial service providers such as brokerage firms, investment adviser firms, insurance companies, banks, leasing companies, fund managers and manufacturers, borrowers, lessees, sellers, buyers and export credit agencies. These companies might assist us, for example, in fulfilling your service request and executingyour transaction. For a list of companies affiliated with Burnham please see “Burnham Affiliated Companies” below.
Limitations to Sharing Customer Information
You can limit information shared about you. If you do not want us to share information, please tell us of this request by notifying us through one of the following methods:
- Writing to:
Burnham Sterling Securities, LLC
29 River Road
Customer Privacy Department
Cos Cob, CT 06807
- Calling us at:
- Sending us an e-mail through the website at:
Please note that this request will apply to customer information and may take up to 30 days to be fully effective. Through the normal course of doing business, including servicing your accounts and better serving your financial needs, we will continue to share transaction and account experience information, as well as other general information among our affiliated companies and with our regulators.
Disclosing information in other situations
We may also disclose any of the five types of Customer Information to regulators, rating agencies, auditors, investors and similar organizations, and otherwise when permitted by law. For example, this may include:
- A disclosure in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- A fraud investigation;
- An audit or examination;
- The placement of your transaction(s) to another financial institution.
We are committed to preventing others from authorizing access to your customer information, and we maintain procedures and technology designed for this purpose. We take several steps to protect the customer information we have about you, including the following:
- We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide you with the best possible products and services;
- We require outside companies and independent contractors to whom we provide customer information for marketing, servicing or investing purposes to enter into a confidentiality agreement that restricts the use of such information to be used for specific purposes as intended, and prohibits the independent use of such information;
- We have internal procedures that limit access to customer information to only those members who are considered “authorized” personnel.
Burnham Affiliated Companies
Affiliates to whom we may disclose personal information about you may be categorized in several different businesses, including securities and insurance. The following is a list, as of February 13, 2015, of all companies affiliated with Burnham to which this policy applies:
Brokerage and Financial Advisory Firms
- Burnham Sterling & Company, LLC
- Burnham Sterling Securities, LLC
- Burnham Sterling Hedging Advisors LLC
- Greenwich Aircraft Leasing Company LLC
“Opt Out” Notification Form
As described in this brochure, we are committed to protecting your privacy. If you prefer that we not share certain information about you with outside companies, you may choose to opt out. This means that you may direct us at any time not to disclose this information to these outside companies for marketing purposes. Therefore, if you wish to notify us to limit such disclosures of your personal information, please indicate your choice(s) by marking the appropriate box or boxes below.
Please include your name, address, and social security number and/or tax identification number. Then detach and send this form to the address listed below so we may honor your request. If you have previously communicated an opt out choice to us, you do not have to provide it again.
___ Please limit the personal information about me that you disclose to nonaffiliated third parties as described in this brochure.
If you check box #1, we will not make these disclosures except as permitted by law, including disclosures necessary to process you account transactions.
___ Please limit the personal information about me that you share with Burnham affiliates as described in this brochure.
The law allows us to share with our affiliates any information about our transactions or experiences with you. However, if you check box #2, we will not share with our affiliates other information that you provide to us or that we obtain from third parties, unless otherwise permitted by law.
If you have checked any of the boxes above, please mail this form in a stamped envelope to:
Burnham Sterling Securities, LLC
29 River Road
Cos Cob, CT 06807